This year the Long Island Fleece and Fiber Fair will be on May 14th & 15th. It is held at the Hallockville Museum and Farm in Riverhead N.Y. They have something for everyone who is interested in any fiber related art.
There will be carding and spinning demonstrations, also knitting, sheep shearing and the llama obstacle course. The llamas and alpacas are my favorites. Apart, of course, from the yarn. The Yarn. The main reason I go. This year’s vendors as of today are:
Bay Haven Short Tails
Blind Buck Farm
Bumble Bee Primitives
Cozy Rabbit Farm
Dan Tracy Designs
Groovy Hues Fibers
Hampton Artistic Yarns
Long Island Livestock Company
Joy Muller-McCoola/ Sandpiper Yarns
The Paisley Studio
Barbara Ringewald, Handweaver
Nice Buns Food Truck
I love this fair. It’s close to home and I never tire of seeing where and how the yarn I use comes to be. If you decide to attend the fair, don’t forget you’re also in wine country. Go visit a vineyard or two.
Anyone coming from New York City can take advantage of this organized bus trip.
BUS TRIP FROM NYC! (Saturday, May 14, 2016 only)
Sit back, relax and work on your craft project while traveling to the North Fork on a luxury coach bus. The bus will depart Manhattan approximately 8:30am, and arrive to the LI Fleece and Fiber Fair at approximately 11am. A full schedule of activities, demonstrations and shopping opportunities await you at the Fair.
- Round-trip transportation to the North Fork on private coach,
- Fair admission for one adult; Fair includes a full day of demonstrations, hands-on craft opportunities, fiber vendors with a variety of yarns, supplies and finished products, historic museum tours, and the option for local wine tasting. Local food vendors will have lunch items available for purchase.
- Gift Bag with freebies, wine tasting, coupons and discounts from Gift Bag Sponsors(to be announced soon) and vendors at the Fair.
- Pickup up from 40th Street @ 3rd Avenue, Manhattan.
- Group rate: Call Beth at 631-298-5292 for special pricing for your group of 5 or more.
- Please note: a minimum number of seats need to be sold in order to cover the cost of chartering the bus. If the minimum number of seats are not sold, the trip will be cancelled and refunds will be issued to purchasers.
Visit the Hallockville Farm and Museum website http://www.Hallockville.com
3 thoughts on “The Long Island Fleece and Fiber Fair”
Sounds like a wonderful event!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yeah……Long Island Livestock rocks…….
Yes they do.